It has been awhile since I updated. I spent last week doing a lot of writing to finish up the reports that I was assigned to compile, and somehow between the mental focus demanded by that coupled with a busy schedule of meeting with friends here, I didn't have time or energy to update this.
I was going to write today, but I've been felled -- "there is a virus going around Serbia," one of my colleagues comments. She had it last week, and I probably picked it up from her or from one of the many other people I've shaken hands with. It's not as bad as it could be, but I'd still rather not be sick my last few days here. This only struck me Monday night as I was walking back to my accommodation after going to a picnic organized by a friend for the disabled youth he works with; two of them had had birthdays that week. (A post is definitely in order about this and will hopefully be forthcoming.)
Anyway, I was walking back and my spine began to tingle ominously and, a block away from my apartment, I started to wonder if I would be able to make it back. Fortunately I did, and was asleep by 9.30, woke up once and was feverish. This morning it felt as if someone was twisting a knife into my intestines and I was very dizzy. The knife-twisting is not constant, but frequent enough that it is a blindingly incapacitating moment or two until it passes, which made it rather difficult during an interview today when it struck and which probably means that I won't be able to do the last couple of interviews that I had hoped and planned to do today. No one seems to know what this 'virus' is called. It's horrendous.
I hope that I am better tomorrow -- it is my last day here.
I was going to write today, but I've been felled -- "there is a virus going around Serbia," one of my colleagues comments. She had it last week, and I probably picked it up from her or from one of the many other people I've shaken hands with. It's not as bad as it could be, but I'd still rather not be sick my last few days here. This only struck me Monday night as I was walking back to my accommodation after going to a picnic organized by a friend for the disabled youth he works with; two of them had had birthdays that week. (A post is definitely in order about this and will hopefully be forthcoming.)
Anyway, I was walking back and my spine began to tingle ominously and, a block away from my apartment, I started to wonder if I would be able to make it back. Fortunately I did, and was asleep by 9.30, woke up once and was feverish. This morning it felt as if someone was twisting a knife into my intestines and I was very dizzy. The knife-twisting is not constant, but frequent enough that it is a blindingly incapacitating moment or two until it passes, which made it rather difficult during an interview today when it struck and which probably means that I won't be able to do the last couple of interviews that I had hoped and planned to do today. No one seems to know what this 'virus' is called. It's horrendous.
I hope that I am better tomorrow -- it is my last day here.
No comments:
Post a Comment